Journalism education and tips for journalists

Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Troubles in Florida

From CNN:

Gary Tuchman: Now, there are some people concerned about these machines, that they don't give you receipts. Only in Nevada you get a receipt but you don't get to keep it but you see your vote on a receipt paper, here you don't.

Now, with us right now is a woman by the name of Suzanne Goldstein who voted the other day during the early voting process with one of the touchscreen machines, and you tell me you wanted to vote for John Kerry. Tell me what happened."

Suzanne Goldstein: "That's correct. When I went in on wed supervisor elections; I checked John Kerry, Betty castor and the Democratic slate. When i came to the last page which was the review screen, I was horrified when I saw that every choice I made had come up incorrect and just the opposite.

Gary Tuchman: So, you're saying that you voted for Kerry for President, but on the view screen, which is that last place you look before you tabulate your vote, it said George W. Bush?

Suzanne Goldstein: It did, it did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home